The Roaring lions with a well-experienced squad came into the field after a gap of 2 years and did find them easily back in the winning ways.
With a lot of thrilling encounters last year, the Super Kings found themselves in the winning side most of the time. They met the table toppers (SRH) four times throughout the tournament, won them all and went on to clinch the title for the third time.
Coming back with almost the same squad this year the Super Kings will try its best to defend the title.
- With the experience the players and the support staff possess, this team will be ready to face any kind of situation put in front of them.
- The batting order of CSK has immense quality. They also bat deep and will ensure they will never run short on the scoreboard.
- With four all-rounders in the playing XI, they could come in handy whenever the bowler has an off-day. Also, literally all the eleven players can bat.
- With Chennai hosting all the home games this season, they could use the home ground to their advantage provided with the quality in the spin bowling department.
- With right backups in right places, injury concerns won’t affect the side to a great extent, unlike other squads.
- Last year, if you look at the matches they played, they had eight different people winning the player of the match on eight different occasions. This shows what this team is capable of. They don’t really depend on a single player as other teams do.
- The form of Shane Watson will be a great plus. Watson had a great PSL tournament where he ended up winning the Player of the Tournament award.
- The defending champions’ bowling department looks fragile compared to their batting, with the injury of Ngidi lately, the worries have been added.
- Though they have 3-4 fielders who can be exceptionally well in the field when looking together as a unit the team looks weaker when comparing others.
Shane Watson ✈
M S Dhoni (c)(wk)
Dwayne Bravo ✈
David Willey ✈
Follow us for Sports features, Cinema, Updates and News!